FCBD is taking place at participating comic book shops across the globe on Saturday May 2nd. Over 5.6 million comic books will be given away for free at over 2,300 participating comic book shops to new and devoted comic book fans of all ages.
On Saturday May 2nd, anyone that visits a participating comic shop will receive at least one or more of the designated FCBD comics for free. The Free Comic Book Day Committee picked a listing of Gold and Silver sponsors whose comic books include titles that are great for kids and adults. This year’s roster contains 50 free comics that include titles for everyone’s tastes with Marvel’s Secret Wars, DC’s Divergence, Fight Club, The Simpsons, Spongebob, Transformers, Pokemon, The Tick, and many more for fans to discover!
Comic shops will also host community events such as costume contests, drawings by guest artists, creator signings, raffles, door prizes, photos with costumed characters, and other community building activities throughout the day. Every comic shop celebrates FCBD in their own unique way and fans have an opportunity to see their local comic shop’s personality and thriving community of pop-culture enthusiasts on display.
Take Mark Hamill’s advice and check out Free Comic Book Day on May 2nd. To see all 50 FCBD titles and to find a participating comic shop within your community, visit www.freecomicbookday.com. For daily FCBD updates, become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/freecomicbook and follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/freecomicbook.
- Over 2,300 comic shops are participating across the country and around the world
- Over 5.6 million comics will be given out for free
- There are 50 free titles available to choose from
- Comic shops also host special events for communities to take part in
- FCBD is a great opportunity for those who have never read a comic before to check them out for free
- FCBD is a family-friendly event as there are comics for readers of all ages available for free
- You can see the 50 free comics and find participating comic shop at www.freecomicbookday.com