Dynamic New Lines from Playmates Toys and Mega Bloks® Include Figures, Vehicles and Playsets
Nickelodeon today announced new toy lines from Playmates Toys and Mega Bloks that are inspired by the upcoming Paramount Pictures theatrical movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. A full range of toys from figures, vehicles and playsets based on the sequel to the 2014 blockbuster will be available starting next month. Teenage Mutant NinjaTurtles: Out of the Shadows, directed by Dave Green, written by Josh Appelbaum & André Nemec, and produced by Michael Bay, arrives intheaters June 3.
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is the brand that just won’t quit and 2016 is poised to be its biggest year yet as the summer kicks off with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows,” said Pam Kaufman, Chief Marketing Officer and President of ConsumerProducts, Nickelodeon. “We saw tremendous traction with the consumer products we introduced for the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie so we wanted to team up with our best-in-class partners to deliver fresh new toys that bring memorable movie moments to life. From TMNT lair playsets to the iconic Turtle Tactical Truck, Turtles fans of all ages are sure to love these new toys from Playmates Toys and Mega Bloks.”
“We are delighted to have worked with our long-standing partner Nickelodeon to introduce this robust toy line inspired by the highly anticipated film,” said Karl Aaronian, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Playmates Toys. “The extensive line, which includes action figures, vehicles, playsets and more, brings the characters and action from the big screen to life for fans.”
“We are thrilled to partner with Nickelodeon for the launch of the summer movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows,” said Bisma Ansari, VP Marketing of Mega Brands Inc. “Our construction sets will allow fans to build and play out their favorite movie scenes with authentic details and lights & sounds features.”
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows movie toys from Playmates Toys and Mega Bloks will be available at major mass retailers such as Walmart, Target, Toys“R”Us and Amazon as well as in the mid-tier, specialty, grocery, drug and value channels. Select products from the lines, including key Walmart exclusives, will be on display at the Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies Sewer Lair-Themed Booth at WonderCon,Los Angeles Comic-Con 2016 from Friday, March 25 – Sunday, March 27.
Highlights from the 2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows line from Playmates Toys includes:
- Basic Action Figures: A complete line of 5-inch basic action figures that are highly detailed and fully articulated, including Stealth Leonardo, Pirate Michelangelo, Wingsuit Raphael, Splinter, Shredder, April O’Neil, Casey Jones, Bebop, Rocksteady and Foot Soldiers. Ages 4+
- Deluxe Talking Figures: Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Bebop and Rocksteady are 6-inches and speak phrases and make sounds from the movie. Ages 4+
- 11” Figures: Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Bebop and Rocksteady stand 11-inches tall and are highly detailed and fully poseable.
o The incomparable ninjafied garbage truck comes to life with this Turtle Tactical Truck, complete with giant nunchucks, capture net, working forklift and room for all. Ages 4+
o Michelangelo’s custom Polaris Slingshot three-wheeler comes with exclusive Michelangelo figure, two nunchucks and two projectiles to take down the Foot Clan. Ages 4+
- Role Play: Conceal & Reveal Weapons mutate fans into Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello or Michelangelo. Also available, are Extreme Battle Shell, Deluxe Masks and Electronic Weapons that include over 50 phrases and sound effects. Ages 4+
o Turtle Lair Playset: Bring the Turtle lair home with a 40” tall playset that includes over 15 features, an oven-styled disc launcher and plenty of space to play. Ages 4+
o Technodrome Playset: Visit the Technodrome with this exclusive playset that opens to over two feet wide, includes two missile firing projectile launchers, features secret trap door drops, and a secret entrance and trap door slide. Ages 4+
- T-Machines: Fans can add to their T-Machines collection with these movie additions featuring Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady. Ages 3+
- T-Sprints: Special Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady additions to the T-Sprints line. Ages 4+
- Blind-Bagged Mini Figures: The blind-bagged, fully articulated figures will be available in an assortment of movie Turtles’ and villains. Ages 4+
Highlights from the Mega Bloks 2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows construction line includes:
- Buildable Action Figure Assortments:
o Build and collect movie characters including Stealth Leonardo, Paratrooper Raphael, Camo Donatello, Pirate Mikey alongside Casey Jones, a Katana Foot Soldier and a Bike Attack Soldier. Ages 6+
o Enter stealth mode and reach new heights with the Ninja Tech Assortment. Ages 6+
o Prepare for a wicked chase with the Moto Attack Assortment. Ages 6+
- Buildable Vehicles:
o Inspired by the vehicle in the movie, the TMNT Movie Battle Truck features a capture net, sewer cap launcher and moving forklift arms to take down the Foot Clan threat. Ages 7+
o Take the battle out of the city with the TMNT Jungle Takedown. The buildable tank has real lights and sound effects along with details and buildable Michelangelo and Rocksteady micro action figures. Ages 6+
- Construction Playsets:
o TMNT Movie Lair Hideout: Build the iconic Turtles lair, complete with waterslide, skate ramp, retractable zip line, sewer cap launcher with lights and sounds and different, customizable areas for each of the Turtles. Ages 6+
o TMNT Kraang Cryo Chamber: Recreate the Kraang Cryo Chamber by building the giant mutagen vat with its shock sensor-activated robotic arm and glowing ooze canister. Set Shredder and Kraang’s giant mechanical suit on the above platform to battle a buildable, fully articulated Raphael micro figure. Ages 5+
Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies presents “TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS.” Produced by Michael Bay, Andrew Form, Brad Fuller, Galen Walker and Scott Mednick. Based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman. Written by Josh Appelbaum & André Nemec. Directed by Dave Green.
Starring Megan Fox, Will Arnett, Laura Linney, Stephen Amell, Noel Fisher, Jeremy Howard, Pete Ploszek, Alan Ritchson, Brian Tee and Tyler Perry.
“TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS” opens in theaters on June 3, 2016.