THE HIT SHOW CELEBRATES ITS 200TH EPISODE WITH DIGITAL RELEASE OF MUSIC FROM THE MILESTONE EPISODE, INCLUDING THREE ORIGINAL SONGS AND A COVER OF KANSAS’S “CARRY ON WAYWARD SON”
Who says there’s no singing in Supernatural? In celebration of Supernatural’s 200th episode, WaterTower Music has digitally released music from the milestone episode – including three original songs and a cover of Kansas’s “Carry On Wayward Son.” One of the original tracks is available for free download, while the three remaining songs are available for purchase through iTunes, with other digital outlets to follow.
- The three original songs were crafted by the show’s composers Jay Gruska and Christopher Lennertz, with lyrics co-written by Supernatural co-executive producer Robbie Thompson (who penned the 200th episode). The fourth track is a cover of Kansas’s anthemic “Carry On Wayward Son” – a rock classic now indelibly associated with the show. All of the tunes are sung by the guest actresses (Alyssa Lynch, Katie Sarife, Vivien Armour, Kelli Ogmundson, Rachel Warkentin and Nina Winkler) performing “Supernatural The Musical!” within the episode.
- To access the free download of the original song “I’ll Just Wait Here Then,” please visit http://bit.ly/1yBhB0A.
- The additional three tracks – including originals “The Road So Far” and “A Single Man Tear” and a cover of the classic rock Supernatural staple “Carry On Wayward Son” – are also available for fans to purchase on iTunes. Information available at http://smarturl.it/supernatural_200_i
- Supernatural fans have been downloading the tracks in record numbers, with over 4000 album sales in its initial day of release. In addition, the single “The Road So Far” recently hit the #57 spot on iTunes’ Top Downloaded Songs list.
- The show’s 200th episode “Fan Fiction” aired on The CW on November 11, 2014. Written by Robbie Thompson and directed by Phil Sgriccia, the episode finds Sam and Dean Winchester stunned to discover that an all girls Michigan high school is putting on a musical based on their lives. The episode is available for viewing on CWTV.com and other online platforms.
- Now in its tenth season on The CW (Tuesdays at 9/8c), Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard. The long-running thrill series is executive produced by Jeremy Carver, Robert Singer, Phil Sgriccia and Adam Glass. Creator Eric Kripke serves as executive consultant in the series produced by Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television.