At Toy Fair Marvel bought the thunder! Hasbro’s Marvel team is firing on all cylinders, mixing new and old characters to give us one of the most well rounded toy lines on the market today.
Marvel Legends might be both the standard that all other figure lines should aspire to be, and the little toy line that could. This year’s reveals help to round out some of the MCU lines, and also go back to the roots of the line. The Alex Ross series goes all the way back wave one of Legends giving us the big name Avengers in their classic looks.
So let’s take a look at some of the details out of the presentation:
The Riders line will continue this Fall with Ultimate WWII Captain America (an all new sculpt) with motorcycle.
Spider-Man wave 2 will include Far From Home as well as comic figures:
- Upgrade Suit (the new movie costume, in red and black)
- Stealth Suit (also from the movie)
- Spider Woman (Julia Carpenter)
- Doppelganger (which reuses the Six-Arm Spidey base body)
- Hydro Man (with clip-on water effects to go over his legs)
- Scorpion (with a 13″ long, bendy tail, a response to fans upset over Doc Ock’s tentacles not being bendy)
- 1 figure TBA
- Build a Figure not revealed.
Avengers will have 2 confirmed waves, but all Endgame designs will be revealed at a later date.
- Citizen V
- Living Laser
- Ebony Maw
- BAF not revealed
- Beta Ray Bill
- Union Jack
- Rock Python (the Marvel team wants to continue working toward a complete Serpent Society team)
- Shuri (with removable gauntlets)
- BAF not revealed
X-Men will get a Toy Biz Retro Wave that will be on Toy Biz style cards, orange for good guys/ purple for bad guys. Unlike the Marvel Retro line, these are NOT just repaints and include lots of all new sculpting and even all new figures.
- Cyclops (X-Factor)
- Silver Samurai
- Wolverine with nylon mask ( from Wolverine issue #2)
- Dazzler (in her 80s/ Outback costume)
- 2 figures TBA
X-Force will get a wave in Fall 2019
- Boom Boom
- Cannonball (with blast effect below the waist… and apparently no normal legs?)
- Mr. Sinister
- Nightcrawler (with 3 heads– smiling, shouting, neutral)
- 1-2 figures yet to be revealed.
- Wendigo is likely to be the BAF, but this is not confirmed.
Infamous Doom @ Walgreens – Spring 2019
Emma Frost @ Walgreens – Fall 2019
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants 3-pack @ Amazon – Summer 2019 (preorder now
The MCU First 10 Years will be replaced this fall with the Marvel 80 Years line, celebrating the 80th Anniversary of Marvel Comics. Hasbro is releasing 10 items in this collection:
5 comic based:
- Hulk vs First Appearance Wolverine (Fan Channel exclusive – Gamestop, EE, BBTS, and specialty retailers)
- Juggernaut vs Colossus – Juggernaut features removable helmet and an alternate broken helmet.
- Alex Ross style Iron-Man
- Alex Ross style Thor
- Alex Ross style Captain America (Wal-Mart exclusive)
5 movie based:
- WWII Captain America and Peggy Carter (Amazon exclusive)
- Grandmaster (with melty staff) and Korg
- Hela (with two new headsculpts and a new hand sculpted to catch Mjolnir mid-air, and crush it) and Skurge (with 2 his two rifles).
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Ghost (with alternate unmasked head, not yet shown) and Luis
- Iron-Spider with mechanical legs and Iron-Man Mark 50 with expanded hover cannons
Missing from the panel and showroom were the extras and accessories for some of the figures. The Hasbro Marvel team will be using Hasbro Pulse to reveal these items throughout the year, so be ready for some exciting news on the new website. Also, if the Alex Ross theme works well there could be more on the way… one name that was mentioned down in the showroom (though not officially confirmed) was a classic Dr. Doom!